modyourpsp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
modyourpsp

modify your psp here

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great Games for the PSP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Great Games for the PSP Empty
PostSubject: Great Games for the PSP   Great Games for the PSP Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:58 am

First of, let me explain what this list is. It is a list of games that many PSP owners will suggest and i have played almost all of these games.

* i will try updating this regulary

RPGs
*Monster Hunter Freedom (1&2) - Very fun, may take time to get better at.
*Tales of Eternia - Slow to start but fun.
*Breath of Fire Series (PSX) - Very fun! Turn Based RPG with a great story line
The Sims 2 - sort of an RPG, who doesn't like the Sims?
*Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony - Very much like both of the Diablo games, must play for Diablo fans. I suggest it.
Vagrant Story (PSX) - Never played it, but from other people, Highly recommended
*Suikoden (PSX)
*Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Do what your teachers tell you not to, judge a book by it's cover.
Harvest Moon: Innocent Life - Great for people who like the harvest moon series, set in the future.
Final Fantasy: PSP Remakes - Remake of FF I & II So far. looks pseudo-3d, which is nice.
Final Fantasy games (PSX) - Great story line and lots of fun
*Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX)
*Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
Brave Fencer: Musashi (PSX)
Brave Story - Storyline is okay. It's kind of addicting, not as good as it was hyped up to be as the "Best RPG".
Legend of Legaia (PSX)
Legend of Dragoon (PSX)
Jeanne D'arc - Like Final Fantasy Tactics, with new features.
Dragoneer's Aria - My brother played it, he likes it better than Brave Story.
Valhalla Knights - very similar to FF7 in the repect you can equip arms, legs, hands, body, head, wrists etc and you have something similar to the limit breaks which depend on the weapons you have equiped. You can choose what race your party members are as well as their class, theif mage etc etc. Personally i did not like it because it was a little too difficult.
Valhalla Knights - very similar to FF7 in the repect you can equip arms, legs, hands, body, head, wrists etc and you have something similar to the limit breaks which depend on the weapons you have equiped. You can choose what race your party members are as well as their class, theif mage etc etc. Personally i did not like it because it was a little too difficult.
Lunar Story Games (PSX) - Apparently good
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Very good game, many hours of gameplay

Puzzle/Strategy
Lumines (1&2) - Modern Tetris
*DJ Max Portable (1&2) - Similar to Guitar Hero, but it makes it look like child's play. Very addictive, highly recommended.
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Field Commander - Like advance wars for GBA
Crush - "Very Original"
Worms Armageddon (PSX)
*YuGiOh Tag Force (1&2) - The Trading Card Game, pretty fun.
Lemmings - Puzzle involving little slaves that do a variety of tasks.
*Loco Roco
Worms Open Warfare 2 -Worms Open Warefare 2 is amazing you can play over wireless OR online! plus the ability to design your own flag for our team and start up your own clan makes thsi game amazing smile

Racing
*Need For Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Underground Rivals
Grand Turismo (PSX)
*Burnout Games
Ridge Racer 2
Initial D
Wipeout & Wipeout Pure - Futuristic racing game known for it's speed, techno soundtracks and downloadable expansions.
Juiced 2 - Great racing game with realistic graphics & performance. Win races, make money, recruit drivers, buy & mod actual cars to advance thru a variety of leagues.

Shooters
Rainbow 6 Las Vegas - Long awaited, disappointing, but still fun. Controls suck because PSP doesn't have 2 analogs.
Killzone - Shooter/puzzle, never played it but i hear it's good.
*Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 - WW2 based game.
Socom Fire Team Bravo (1&2) - Like Medal of Honor, or Call of Duty, great online play.
*Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - Recruiting enemy soldiers & online mode are two great features added to MGS.
*Grand Theft Auto (Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories)
*Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - A Third Person Shooter, was great on PSX and now greater on the PSP.
Metal Slug Anthology - Contains all releases of the Neogeo classic bi-dimensional shooter: 1, 2, 3, X, 4, 5 and 6.
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 - 1st person shooters for PSP sorta suck because the lack of analog, this one is okay.
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron
tomb raider anniversary
*Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - A TPS game, the sequel to Dark Mirror with improved & added movements, e.g., swimming. And of course a multiplayer mode, this simply owns.
*Silent Hill Origins - Dark, foggy & silent atmosphere; queerly deformed humanoid creatures; puzzles and confusion. This horror game will literally give you the frissons.
MGS PO Plus - Basically a multiplayer shooter with alot of extras, classic unique characters, weapons & areas, in addition to the training, boss rush and single infinity modes.
Manhunt 2
Gun: Showdown - Rich storyline that has a unique setting. Was a very good game on XBOX, people say its good for PSP.

Platform

Megaman Powered Up - A new take on the Megaman Series. Everything has become cute! Megaman, Cutman, Gutsman, all the classic enemies are back and are CUTE. Very fun, and casual. You can also play ALL THE ENEMY HEROES including Megaman! This adds incredibly replay ability. There is also a stage creator which adds even more replayability.
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Spyro The Dragon (series) (PSX)
Crash Bandicoot (PSX)
Daxter
- 3d Platform game
*Rachet and Clank
The simpsons game
spiderman 3
- swinging around the city in webtastic
*GTA libery/ vice city stories- Nothing describes it, its too good

Fighters

*Tekken Dark Resurrection - Tekken with two new characters, for the PSP!
*DBZ Shin Budokai - Awesome game based on Dragon Ball Z
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - Classic, only downside is you have to use the d-pad, which personally, i hate.
Naruto: Narutimett Portable - Naruto fighter that is suggested for fans.
Bleach 4 - Best Bleach game out there yet. If you are a fan of Bleach, then this is mandatory! The fighting style may not be as sophisticated as a Tekken game, but it sure as hell is fun. Cell shaped graphics, extremely clean cut. Must have.
Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover
*Soul Blade (PSX)
*Dead or Alive (PSX)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PSX)- Good old 2-dimensional MK, has all characters of MK3Ultimate and prior releases.
DBZ Shin Budokai - Another Road
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008- wrestling style great(powerhouse,high flyer)

Sports
*Virtua Tennis 3 - really addicting
*Pro Evo Soccer - probably only if you like soccer games. lack of commentary
Madden - A football game that allows you to create a franchise. I think the newer version allows you to make your own player, which is new to the PSP.
Ricky ponting 2007 Pressure Play
*fifa 08 - my personal great
Hot Shots Golf

Homebrew

Cave Story
Callisto
Super Mario Wars
rRootage
Squarez
SnakeSP
mario world 4

*Highly Recommended